Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I recieved the following pictures and letter from a Greatgrandma.....love it!!!

Hello, I am a sixty five years young great grandmother to a sweet five year old clothes horse. I have enjoyed making all of the grandchildren special cards and have for years. But, like I said this little one loves clothes and since her mother is a single parent still in collage money for them is always tight. So since she came into this world I have sewn most of her special clothes She loves everything I make her so much and is always giving me ideas on clothes she may like. For instance come Easter she ask if I could make her an Easter Bunny dress. Not only did she help design what she wanted but came down for a visit and helped cut it out. She now has ask a sewing machine for Christmas so she can make her dolls clothes. During her last visit I showed her some cards I was making for my friends and she said "Granny could you not put one of those on a shirt for me? I said I don't see why not and she said "It will be my card" So we set about designing some tees for her for school. I also made matching shorts. I hope you don't mind but I combined a few designs for her. Printed them on image paper and ironed them on tees for her. I combined fabric for their clothes that matched her shorts and added her name on one. She was so excited helping make her clothes. She wore her set to school and she called and said "Granny everyone want to know where I got these beautiful clothes." I said What did you say? She said she told them her granny made them for her because she loves her, but she helped. Thank you for making me the cool granny, Carol

16 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this! Congrats to the wonderful granny and also to you for drawing such fantastic images for us to use. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful clothes, made special by Dearie Dolls images. AND Grandma too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute clothes - a great, talented, loving great granny, and lucky and appreciative little girl! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for sharing. I think this is so wonderful. The clothes are so cute. I know she really loves them and I can hear the love in the letter. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!!! You bless so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea -- clothing! With clothing for clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Carol, you really are a cool grandma!!!! Your sweet great granddaughter is so blessed to have you in her life. And you in turn are blessed to have her. Your talent is very impressive. I can stamp but I can't sew for beans!!! And I am older than YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Mary Ellen, you are truly famous now xx

    What fab clothes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, you are one COOL and talented GRANNY! Such a wonderful story to share. Special blessings to you, your grands and great-grands! Also, special blessings to M.E. for sharing her drawings with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Those clothes are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute!!! The clothes & the graphics1!! Where can I find the clothes basket graphic???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clothes basket is a rubber stamp. Just stamp onto your finished pressed tee. I colored in and outlined using Inktense pencils, water and a fabric medium. Fabric medium is not really required with these pencils but I have found it really helps on tees. Then color in your own "clothes" Allow to set at least 24 hours before setting the stamp with heat again.
      Thank you everyone for the kind words and a special Thank you for Mary Ellen, allowing us all to enjoy her wonderful art images.

      Delete
  12. What a lovely letter and such fabulous outfits Carol made! Mary Ellen, she's done your images proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely are those clothes! :O I think you are a super granny too and what a special relationship you are creating with your lovely and very appreciative granddaughter, awesome :) xx

    ReplyDelete